1) How the heck does someone literally just walk right out of a hospital with a dead body, walk it onto a boat, and drive said boat off into an impending hurricane? I mean seriously, does this hospital have NO security?! Not one person saw that? I know it was supposed to be all pre-hurricane-chaosy, but that is just too much. I can only suspend by disbelief so far, and Dexter blew right past that limit like a serial killer on a speed boat.
2)Why. On Earth. Would Dexter become a lumberjack. Again–seriously? That is just a completely absurd ending. To me, there were 3 possibilities for a logical ending to this series:
- Dexter realizes he can overcome/is no longer a slave to his “dark passenger”, becomes a good guy, meets Hannah and his son in Argentina, and lives happily ever after.
- Dexter realizes he cannot overcome/will always be a slave to his “dark passenger”, comes to terms with this, and relocates to a new place to continue his killing.
- Dexter realizes he will always be a slave to his “dark passenger” and that this will always make him a danger to the people he loves. Since he is A MURDERER who deals with bad people BY KILLING THEM, he commits suicide by driving his boat into the hurricane, thus solving the problem in his usual definitive manner
Notice that none of those possibilities mentioned anything about BECOMING A LUMBERJACK. BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE. UGH.
3) This has nothing to do with the finale, but didn’t Dexter just have the best intro? I loved it. Never has breakfast looked so delicious or so sinister.
And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.