Stop the press! The super funny blog Am I Thirty Yet nominated me for a Liebster Award! In the interest of full disclosure, I had no idea what a Liebster was. Turns out it’s basically a chain letter where new blogs link to some of their favorite new blogs, who link to their favorite new blogs, etc. This is very exciting because it means at least one person out there is reading and enjoying this blog. And that makes me so happy!
Below is some neat stuff about Liebsters and myself.
The Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers as a way to recognize them and to discover other new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post.
8. Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it. (They might not have ever heard of it!)
- What is your biggest fear? Wow, so we’re getting real deep on the first question I guess. Hmm…well, in my more stressed out days, I used to get these sleep paralysis dreams that were pretty un-fun. So I guess being spontaneously paralyzed is definitely up there on the list.
- What is the best vacation you’ve ever been on? I’ve actually been a lot of places, but one of the best was Chicago with my family. We took the train up which was a fun adventure in itself, but Chicago is just such a neat place. We saw Billy Elliot, ate some delicious steaks at Smith & Wollensky, went to the top of the Willis building and walked around Navy Pier. I’d recommend it to anyone.
- If you could travel to one place in the world (money and time are not a problem), where would it be? ITALIA! And Switzerland. And Alaska. And Washington, D.C.
- What is your dream job? Author, no question.
- What is your favorite post you’ve ever written? Probably the Five on Friday: Bromances post. I just really enjoyed all those shows and loved fangirling about them, haha. I always have fun with the Five on Friday posts, because I’d been keeping all these lists of my favorite stuff for years, and now I finally have an outlet to apply them to!
- Do you have any siblings? If so, how many? I have two siblings, who also happen to be two of the best people I know. They are both incredibly smart, hilariously funny, and way more awesome than I am.
- What is your favorite movie? We all know a real fan can’t pick a favorite! But off the cuff I’d recommend The Other Guys, Pride and Prejudice, The Matrix, You’ve Got Mail, and Stranger Than Fiction. For starters.
- If you had to give up one of the following mediums, which would it be: Television, Internet, Books, or Movies? DEFINITELY NOT BOOKS. Probably the internet? I think learning and communicating would be a lot more difficult. That’s a tough one.
- What made you first start your blog? No one wanted to talk to me about television and movies as much as I wanted to talk about them, haha. I love comparing books to their movie adaptations, and making lists of the best comedies, dramas, bromances, etc. This seemed like a good platform to share those interests.
- What was the best gift you ever received? Engagement ring!
- What was your first job? Babysitter, obviously.
1. I shared a room with my sister until I got to college. It was a struggle.
2. I always turn on the lights and open the curtains or blinds when I’m in a room.
3. I’m a really bad driver. Like, fo realz. Sorry for contributing to the stereotype, ladies.
4. At some point in my lifetime, Miss Congeniality was my absolute favorite movie.
5. Caramel is my favorite flavor EVERYTHING.
6. I (my parents?) have a dog named Charlie, but his nickname is Charles.
7. I saw the Rolling Stones in concert, and it was AWESOME
8. The best thing I ever ate was the Steak Louis XIII at Cafe Vermilionville in Lafayette, LA.
9. I was not allowed to see Titanic in theaters because of that inappropriate car scene.
10. I’ve been to Florida, Texas, Illinois, England, France, Spain, Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands.
11. I’ve read the first Harry Potter so many times I’ve lost count.
Here are some awesome blogs with under 1000 followers. Good reads!
- FADE OUT – If you’re interested in the other side of all these great movies and shows, check out this blog. It’s all about screenwriting, with some good recommendations and other fun stuff thrown in. Plus a guest post from my brother here!
- Hugs from Home – DELICIOUS southern recipes. Seriously, check out this french toast recipe. Sooooo good.
- CinemaScream – Excellent movie reviews all around. A good source if you’re having one of those “can’t decide what to watch on Netflix” nights.
- Bitsy & Boo – A really fun, girly blog that includes delicious recipes, fashion tips, and other fun tidbits. The blogger has taken a little hiatus from the blogging world, but I’m told Bitsy & Boo will be back soon with a focus on fitness, food, and fun!
- just decorate! – This blog was a great pinterest find. It’s full of awesome tips about how to spruce up your space and get that professionally decorated look in your own home.
So bloggers, if you’re interested, here are your 11 questions!
- What is your favorite book?
- Who is your hero?
- What is your dream job?
- What do you do to relax?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
- What made you start your blog?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
- Blue cheese: love it or hate it? Coffee or tea? Early bird or night owl? There are two types of people…
- What is your favorite food to cook?
- What is your favorite post you’ve written?
So for anyone who’s been reading this blog–thanks. Hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have!